GPS coordinates: 44.744742, 14.452729
Excellent traffic connections make a simple and quick arrival to Cres possible to all visitors.
Arriving by car (ferry) from Porozina or Merag direction take the main road to Cres and continue to the place Belej. 2 km after Belej on the first crossroad that takes the right to Ustrine you take left – asphalt road to the small villages Srem and Plat (abt 3 km from the main road you reach Plat).
From Trieste (Italy)
- Pasjak border crossing – Opatija – Brestova ferry harbour (mainland) – Porozina (island of Cres)
From Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Rupa border crossing – Rijeka – island of Krk (bridge) – Valbiska ferry harbour – Merag (island of Cres) or
- Rupa border crossing – Rijeka – Opatija – Brestova ferry harbour (mainland) – Porozina (island of Cres)
From Zagreb (Croatia)
- Rijeka – island of Krk (bridge) – Valbiska ferry harbour (island of Krk) – Merag (island of Cres)
- Passing by Cres, then 2 km after small place Belej at crossing for Ustrine (on the right) turn on the left.
- Proceed abt 3,5km on the white road till village Stancija Srem to village Stancija Plat.
- And here we are!
- Ferry harbour Valbiska (island of Krk) – Merag (island of Cres) or
- Ferry harbour Brestova (mainland) – Porozina (island of Cres)
Note: the ride takes around 20 minutes. Tickets are bought on the spot, no reservations.
Rijeka – Cres, Martinščica, Mali Lošinj: catamaran line connects the island of Cres-Lošinj and nearby islands with the mainland once a day all year round
More Info about U.T.O. Kapetan Luka (high speed ship service)
Rijeka – Mali Lošinj: line runs several times a day
More info about Autotrans Bus lines and Schedule
The nearest airport is on the island of Krk.
More information available at: